The American Society for Bioethics and Humanities (ASBH) promotes the exchange of ideas and fosters multidisciplinary, interdisciplinary, and interprofessional scholarship, research, teaching, policy development, professional development and collegiality among people engaged in clinical and academic bioethics and the medical humanities.
These purposes shall be advanced by the following kinds of activities:
- encouraging consideration of issues in human values as they relate to health services, the
- education of healthcare professionals, and research
- conducting educational meetings dealing with such issues
- stimulating research in areas of such concern
- contributing to the public discussion of these endeavors and interests, including how they relate to public policy.
The Center for Bioethics, Health & Society has faculty that serve or have served on both the Board of Directors of ASBH and the ASBH Clinical Ethics Consultation Affairs Committee. The Center also coordinates the Early Career Advising Program for ASBH.
Each October, ASBH hosts the leading annual bioethics conference in the United States where faculty, students and alumni from the Center for Bioethics and the Graduate Program in Bioethics attend and present papers.
For further details on ASBH and its annual conference please click here: ASBH Annual General Meeting 2016